Online shopping can be overwhelming. While some of you may feel an instant THRILL when you “add to cart”, others may fret at the thought of purchasing items online. Luckily, I am here to reassure that online shopping can be both convenient and rewarding if done right. Yes, there is a proper way to online shop that won’t waste your precious time or money!
Additionally, considering how strict e-commerce sites can be with their return/exchange policies, ordering the wrong items could end up being a costly mistake. So now that a new season approaches and it’s time to update your closet, I want to help! It’s time for me to equip you with the tools you need to be an online shopping PRO.
Learning these tips will help your online shopping experience become more pleasant and successful:
- New Arrivals are a Must. When logging onto your favorite site be sure to immediately check the new arrivals tab. When you made the decision to update your wardrobe with new fashion pieces the new arrivals will be a great first stop. Remember that online inventory is not unlimited! So if you love it, “add to cart” and don’t miss out on those last chance deals in your size! If you are interested in upgrading other parts of your wardrobe consider my 5 steps on upgrading your professional image (CLICK)
- Head Straight to the Reviews. Customers are very honest, especially very happy or extremely disappointed ones. If an item is ill fitting or the quality of the material is questionable… they are going to let you know! Be sure to prioritize items with a plethora of reviews to ensure the highest amount of transparency.
- View the Size Guide. This is to ensure you are ordering the right size. All brands have different size scales. You can be a size 10 in one brand and a size 8 in another. Also, checking the reviews to see what is said about the sizing will be helpful as well!
- The Coveted Email List. Yes, this can get annoying, but if you LOVE a brand, you’ll want to know what hot and new ASAP. The savings you can receive via exclusive email can be so worth it. For extra organization consider opening a separate email address specifically for online shopping.
- Through Understand of Return/Exchange Policy. Please make sure you are clear and understand the terms. Sometimes the shiping can cost more than the item to return. Especially if the item is from another country. And take note that final sale items means no returns or exchanges allowed, which can be a risk.
Follow these 5 tips and you will be shopping like a pro online in no time!