Just because your meetings may happen behind a computer screen, does not mean you have to give up the command that your appearance can have. In fact, it is more important than ever since webcam quality seems to almost morph the way we actually look. Follow my tips listed below on how to be Zoom ready for business!
- Wear Color – This will ensure that you have presence on the video call. If you choose to wear a neutral color instead (Black, Navy Blue, Grey or White), make sure you have great makeup on, with a bold lip.
- Wear a statement necklace – This will focus your viewers eyes on your face, and what you are saying.
- Elevate your camera – To look slimmer and more engaged, elevate camera on a few books. This will ensure your head will be held high for good eye contact, and you’re not looking down. Looking down will make your face appear larger.
- Sit in good light – Try to sit near a window for natural lighting, or you can use a lamp behind your screen if that is not possible. You might have to remove the lamp shade for full effect.
- Make sure you’re READY! – Don’t turn on the video and audio until you are ready.
And if you are finding yourself rushing in the morning, download the Weekly Wardrobe Planning Worksheet, and get dressed in the morning with ease!